background

Sunday, January 25, 2009

HUGE SAVINGS!!

Today I did some grocery shopping. It is the first weekend of my year of weekend only newspapers (that only cost me $32 total!) and now I get coupons. I shopped by the sale ads and did not buy anything that was not on sale. I saved 27% of my bill at King Soopers and that was with coupons. Not bad, but I hope to improve.

But then I went to Safeways. This is what I bought:
1 bottle of Wishbone Ranch (the cheapest one): Reg: 3.54 I paid: 1.99
2 bags of Fresh Express Salads: Reg: 3.49 each I paid: 1.00 for a total of 2.00
5 zucchinis at 10 pounds for $10: Reg 3.58 I paid 2.40
4 bags of Tostitos at buy 2 get 2 free: Reg: 7.98 for 2 I paid:7.98 for 4

Total regularly would be: 30.60
I paid: 14.91
Total savings was 15.69 which is 52% of the total!!

I am sooo proud. For just a few minutes of my time to sit with the ads and coupons I was able to save a total of $32 between the two stores that I went to. Very exciting!!

With my competitive nature I can see this becoming a very lucrative deal for me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried The Grocery Game? I tried it for the first month, got the hang of it, and now do it on my own (with CVS, anyway. HEB and The Grocery Game don't work very well together). You might really like it! Google it and the website will come up. :)