background

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

We woke up Saturday morning and the weather was beautiful. The storms we are expecting shouldn't be here until noon. After some debate, we decided to head to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Had we known how gorgeous and fun this place would be...there would not have been any debate! This zoo is located on the side of a mountain. Your first exhibit is at the bottom and then you have to keep walking up and up and up the mountain to see the other exhibits. Awesome! And it was perfect weather!

The first exhibit was the giraffes and I was blown away by how close they came to us. We were able to feed them and I pet a giraffe for the first time in my life. Incredible! Here are a few shots of the family feeding the giraffes...



This was one of the levels of the mountain and we couldn't resist the photo op...they had a bench set up and everything. I'm not sure which is more beautiful...my kids or the view?!!

This is my attempt at being a photographer...

In an area called the Big Backyard they had these huge chairs. Look how tiny my kiddos look.

I found me a MOOSE!

Like Gloria and Moto Moto from Madagascar 2.

This was one angry Papa! He kept hitting all the other gorillas away from the window. He was apparently having a bad day and felt the need to make everyone else suffer. Look at the size of him though! Yikes!

This is definitely a must see if you are in the Colorado Springs area. The most incredible zoo I've ever been to (and I'm not normally a zoo person!) Amazing!

No comments: