background

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Colorado Springs

We just had the funnest 36 hours of our lives! We decided to pack the car up and head off to Colorado Springs for two days and one night. It was absolutely incredible. It's only January 3rd and I've already accomplished two major things...overcome my fear of heights (yet again) and even stood in the same room as a snake (AAAHHHHHH!!!). If this is how my year begins I'm a little scared for myself on how it will end!

We packed some major adventures into just a little bit of time. We went to the Royal Gorge, saw the Garden of the Gods, met our friends Jen, Scott and their kids for our first good Mexican dinner since we left Texas, stayed at the Quality Inn, visited the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and even stopped of at the Focus on the Family Visitor Center (awesome playground) on the way home.

We are exhausted and happy to be home. I think we made memories that will be with our family for years and years to come. And for those of you wondering...yes, we did it on a budget. No credit cards!!

I posted pictures already and tried to keep them in order of how we went. After this post, check out Royal Gorge, then Garden of the Gods, then Roadside Pit Stop and lastly, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Catharooni said...

Krista, I just have to say how envious I was reading all this adventure you all were having!! What great fun and fantastic memories!! I can't wait to come and see all this myself. I can't believe you're coming for an entire month in June!! How wonderful for all of us!
xoxo

Carissa said...

I loved all your pictures from your trip. It looks like you all had a great time, and who knew there were so many lovely things so close by.