background

Friday, January 23, 2009

Family Fun

The other day Jagger and I were sitting on the couch talking about what we should take out for dinner that night. Jagger tells me that he would like to have a party for dinner. I thought about it and decided what a fun thing to do in the middle of January. So, a party we would have!

We went to Target and decided our theme would be whatever was on clearance. It just so happens that Speed Racer was on clearance and we picked up 8 plates for 42 cents and 8 cups for 38 cents. We then headed over to the dollar section and I let him pick out a gift for everyone in the family.

Daddy pitched in and made fried pork chops. Kaylee peeled some mashed potatoes and cut the ends off of the green beans. Jagger and I made a cake. James set the table. Tell the kids you're having a party and everyone wants to help out!

Jagger handed out his gifts before we brought out the cake. He bought Kaylee a velvet jewelry box that she could color. James received an "Incredibles" note box set. Daddy got a football chip bowl. And he even bought himself a Buzz Lightyear notepad. So fun!

When we brought out the cake (James and Jagger helped me carry it to the table) we sang Happy Wednesday to the Clintons and then each of us had our own candle to blow out.

This was a lot of fun and a perfect way to get rid of the January blahs!

5 comments:

Nanny said...

I so love this idea. I think I will through a surprise party for Stephe and I tomorrow night. What fun.
xx

Christy said...

Aren't you the mommy of the year! Way to go girl! I'll have to suprise my crew with a midwinter party soon. Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Your awesome Krista. You are such a fun spontaneous Mom, your kids are so lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

Why are you getting all the complements? It was Jagger's idea!!!!