background

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

OUCH!!

There is a 4 day succession on my training that I have come to loathe.  It's a Saturday run, Sunday run, Monday cross-train and then Tuesday run.  It scares me before I even get started.  And it thrills me when I conquer it!

Since I have been trying something new every Monday for cross-training, last night was another new class.  Chisel.  OH! MY! GOODNESS!!!  It was like a Pump class.  High reps of low weights mixed in with cardio spurts that make you feel like you want to die.  Something I learned: I can run for an hour and twenty minutes but 5 minutes of jumping jacks makes me want to puke and pass out!!  It was an awesome class and my friend and I had a lot of fun doing it.

However, this morning I woke up at 6:18 and had 2 thoughts.  1: OUCH! 2: How in the world am I going to stand at work for 7 hours today and then run 5 miles tonight??!!

I came home and got right to it.  I wanted it done.  I wanted to stop thinking about it.  So I ran 3 miles at 11 minute miles and then did a progressive last 2 miles for 5 miles in 54 minutes.  It felt fantastic!

I continue to be amazed that I am able to do this training schedule.  I look at it and say "No Way!  Not Possible!"  But then I do it and am blown away by how much my body has learned and how much it can accomplish.

So this past 4 day succession was a 4 mile run, 7 mile run, 1 hour chisel and 5 mile run.  WOOHOOOO!!

Saw a quote yesterday and even though it's Tuesday I'd still like to leave you with this thought:
"Guess what? You have a brand new week ahead of you to slay dragons, achieve goals, sweat more, gripe less and ditch the fear!  Go!"

Have a blessed week!

Keep Running!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Krista! How did you come up with this training regimen? And where do you take that chisel class? I am really interested! I have been running but having a plan would really help....Anyway, awesome job!!