background

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Running Sucks!

That's how I felt today.  I was ready to come home and quit my Rock n' Roll Half.  I hated it.  I ran outside which is always harder than the treadmill.  I ran on an empty stomach (I swear I'm going to stop doing that!!).  I didn't get out there until 9:15am so it was HOT.  I did a route with a lot of hills.  It was hard.  And it sucked!

But....

My Jamesy rode his bike with me while I ran and I love that.  He cheers me on the whole way and encourages me (even when I stopped and walked up a hill for 30 seconds!).

It ended!  The best part about running is always crossing the finish line.  Whether it be in a race with thousands of other people or the line that you make yourself cross on your driveway when you get home.  I did it.  I made it. 

I was given an opportunity and I took it.  There are people I've lost in my life.  People I know and have read about with disabilities.  People who would love the opportunity to walk, let alone run.  And even though it sucked...I own it. 

And so...

It is what it is.  Some runs suck.  Some runs are epic.  And some runs just are. 

I love what it does to my body.  I love the feeling of accomplishment.  I love being able to say that I run. 

Today sucked.

Tomorrow might be the best run of my life.  Can't wait to find out.

Keep Running!  I know I will!

No comments: