background

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Roller Coaster

There is nothing like an awesome run to make you feel like you are on top of the world! 

This journey is really a roller coaster as the title suggests. 

Did I even tell you about Saturday's 4 miles?  It was so epic!  I went on a coffee date with my husband to finalize some surprise things we are doing for the kids.  When I got home I was so psyched up about our plans and I had that mocha coffee running through my veins...it was like I flew for the whole 4 miles!

Then Sunday sucked.

Yesterday I painted for my cross-training day.  Kaylee wanted her room done so she bought the paint and I did 4 hours of ladders and rolling.  Trust me...it counts!

Then back to today which was 4 miles of fartleks (giggle) and they rocked!  I even played in the 9:50 and 9:40 minute ranges for a bit.  I finished at 41:30 and I was happy with that time.

I'm also trying to liven up our dinners with some new recipes.  Today we tried one that I found on Pinterest and not only did I love it...the kids thought it was amazing!  And all of us mothers know that when you find a dish that all the kids will eat...it stays on the rotating menu!!  You can find it at the link below.  Also, another plus, it's clean eating!  However, I cheated a bit with the salsa.  I just used Pace Restaurant Style Salsa.  We heated up some tortillas and just ate with those...no sour cream or any extras needed!  YUM!

http://pinterest.com/pin/45387908717717104/

Tomorrow is a rest day!  Yay!

Thursday is looking so busy that I think I may have to get up at 5am to get it done.  Not really looking forward to that.  But I will for the cause!

Keep Running!


No comments: