background

Friday, August 9, 2013

My Name is Krista and I'm a Candy Crush Addict

I wish I thought this was as funny as it looks.

UGH!

I am such an all-or-nothing person.  There never seems to be an in-between for me. 

I started playing Candy Crush less than 2 weeks ago.  I'm already on Level 152. 

I quit!

I think I am quitting my tablet too.  I went to bed to read last night before falling asleep.  I just had to check to see if I had any emails, FB updates, games of Candy Crush to play first.  An hour later....  I never did read.

I had a smart phone once.  It lasted 3 weeks because I was constantly checking my stuff online.  I sold it and went back to my old school no-data phone. 

I don't want all of my kids' memories of me to be me with my tablet, phone or whatever other internet device I can get a hold of in my face.

I like Facebook.  I like that I get to keep up with people that I no longer live close to.  I like that if we are bored I can see if anyone is doing anything and we can set up playdates.  I love that if I have a quick question I can throw it on my status and it is answered almost immediately.  I don't want to go over the top and give up all social media.

I need to find moderation.

I like to wake up early and check my email and FB.  I get up before the kids and have my tea while I'm doing that.  It's one of my favorite times of the day.  I won't give that up.  15 minutes of that gets my day started and I like that.

It's after school and night time that I really want to cut down.  Maybe a quick check after school.  Then I can check again once my kids have gone to bed, maybe another 15 minutes.  This will be the plan.

And then I can read!

Prioritize. 

I can do this!

In running news...today is a rest day!  YAY!

Be blessed!  And be a blessing!

No comments: