background

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Uh-Oh

Well it seems that every time that I start a running journey and decide to blog about it...something happens.  Last time I was going to run every day for a year...I ended up with heart palpitations and found out that I have 2nd Degree AV Block.  This time I am having back pain and numbness in both my left leg and arm.  GRRRR

I will not be stopped!

And I'm thinking that since I have declared this a spiritual journey that someone from the other team is trying to trip me up.  Well...no chance buddy!   The war has already been won and I'm on the winning team!

I am going to the doctor tomorrow morning.  I am pretty sure (based on extensive google research!!  HA HA) that I am having problems with my sciatic nerve, or a pinched nerve or possibly a herniated disc.

I have not altered my training yet.  I'm waiting to see what the doctor says.

So...after my sucky run on Saturday morning, I had a sucky 5 mile run on the treadmill on Sunday.  I even ate a muffin before.  GRRR again!

Last night, for cross training, a friend from work went with me to try a Pilates Plus class.  It was OK.  The moves hurt but there was so much rest time between each move and the teacher would extend some of those rests and chat away with people in the class.  However...today I would move a little this way, and it would hurt.  Then I'd move a little that way and it would hurt.  Laughing hurt the most.  So I guess I did get some core work done!

Today was 4 miles of fartleks (giggle!).  I did .5 miles at an 11 minute mile and .5 miles at a 10 minute mile.  I repeated that 4 times and got 4 miles done in 42 minutes.  And now my body really hurts!  But it was one of those fantastic runs where I felt on fire the whole time!  And it reminded me of how much I love to run in the afternoon with plenty of fuel in my body.  YAY for a good run!

So, tomorrow is rest day.  And doctor day.

I'm praying mostly for a miracle and that I will wake up normal tomorrow (Jennifer Devine...no snickering!  I can be normal!!).  Next, I'm praying that I am not told to stop or change my training in any way.  I love this schedule.  I want to keep going.

In the end, I will do what will make my body work properly again.  If that means not running, I will cross train on the bike or swim or whatever I can handle until we get this figured out.  I'm determined!  Falling apart...but determined!

I'll let you know what I hear tomorrow.

Till then...Keep Running!

No comments: