background

Monday, September 2, 2013

On Vacation Time

We took a family trip to WY this weekend.  And it was lovely! 

Friday was a rest day for the drive.  YAY!

Saturday I had to do an easy 3 miles and utilized the hotel treadmill to get it done.  Can I just say that the newer treadmills suck?!!  I have a very old one that was given to me for free and I love it.  However, whenever I run on a newer one I realize that mine is completely and truly flat.  I can raise it but don't usually.  The one in the hotel has a natural incline even at 0.0 incline.  And this isn't the first time I've noticed it.  Trust me...I can feel a less than 1 degree incline.  My body hates them!  And I hated this treadmill!  But I got three miles in.  I may or may not have said some not very nice words while getting them in...

Sunday I was supposed to do 8 miles.  I just couldn't make myself get back on that treadmill.  I was already feeling lethargic and relaxed and completely on vacation time.  I just couldn't do it.  And so I didn't.  I just completely skipped a day.  I felt terribly guilty but I still did it.

Today we drove home and I didn't know what to do tonight.  Do the 8 miles I skipped?  Then would I be able to do the required 6 miles tomorrow night?  I started to run at an 11 minutes mile and 7 minutes in had an idea.  Today was cross training day...I could make up my own cross training.  So I did.  I got off at 7 minutes and lifted weights for a whole song.  Then ran a 10 min mile for  a song.  Then weights, then a 9:50.  Then weights, then a 9:40.  Then weights, then a 9:20.  It was awesome.  I was dripping sweat like never before.  I only did 2 miles which was fine because today I wasn't supposed to run.  But I got in a good 45 minute workout by the time it was all said and done.  And I'm back on schedule.

I'm pretty sure tomorrow's 6 miles of fartleks will kill me. 

But what doesn't kill me will make me stronger.

Here's hoping I'm stronger tomorrow night and not dead!

Hope you had a blessed Labor Day weekend.  Keep Running!

1 comment:

Nanny said...

You are one crazy girlie that I love very much. xo