background

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Crap In, Crap Out

Today's run just hurt! 

A lot! 

My feet. 

My knees. 

My legs.

It was supposed to be 6 miles of fartleks.  I did 5.  And then I walked for a half a mile and called it a day.

Ouch!

I think I know what part of the problem is.  Well, the big part is that my body is still recovering from that huge 9 miler on Sunday.  But the other part I think is my doing.

I've started eating crap again.

I feel like I have been a running beast and when I'm hungry I just haven't cared what's gone into my mouth the last 3 days. I ate cake for dessert 3 nights in a row!  And today I had hashbrowns.  HASHBROWNS!! 

I get it now.  I'm running a lot so I can eat more.  But it has to be more of the good stuff.  I need foods that will help fuel my body and then help my body heal.  I will do my best to not make that mistake again during training.  A treat every once in a while is great but moderation has to be the key.

Tomorrow is rest day.  YIPPEEEE!!  I'm hoping Thursday's 5 miles of hills goes much better.  It is getting cooler outside and I think it will be a great day for an outside run.  Wooohooo!  I don't normally run outside but I have a 3 mile loop I do and I have a 2 mile loop...I'm just going to put them together to make 5.  And they consist of enough hills that I'm slightly nervous.  Should be fun.


The moral of today's blog: when you put crap into your body, your body will be crappy at what it does.

Hope the beginning of your week has been great! 

Keep Running!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What an excellent epiphany!