background

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Swimming and Baking

I am staying at Hilde and Chris' house right now. The kids are having a blast. They have all of their best friends with them (well, some of them anyways). We woke up yesterday morning and after hanging around for a bit decided to go swimming at the pool where my in-laws have their RV. Jimmy took the camera home with him last night though so I can't post them until later. The kids really enjoyed getting to swim outside. We are all a little sun-kissed and we're loving it!
Last night we made tacos for dinner....yummy! That part was easy enough. My Hilde wanted me to make chocolate zucchini bread for dessert. I went out and got all of the main ingredients thinking she would have the rest. I even bought flour and sugar...we should be good right? Wrong! Hilde had to go around to the neighbors to collect a meatloaf pan, baking soda, cinnamon and a grater (and her neighbor didn't even have a grater...these people need to cook more!!!).

So, we get the ingredients and I am telling her what to put in. We get them all together and throw them in the oven to cook for 70 minutes. With about 30 minutes left on the timer Hilde looks at the counter and asks what the oil is out for. I had told her to put 1 WHOLE CUP in the batter....she didn't. We look in at the bread which is not looking so good. You have to understand....this is such a normal moment with Hilde...things like this always happen when she is around!

Luckily we have enough stuff to put together half of a recipe and still end up being able to make one loaf of chocolate zucchini bread...and it was delicious. But now we have no leftovers and I'm not making it again! So sad!

All in all, it was a perfect day 1.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Sounds good...I want the recipe. It was soooo good to see at church this morning. I hope we get to see you again while you're in town. Talk to you later.