background

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Jagger Michael!

When Jagger woke up I sang Happy Birthday to him. I told him he was 4 now. He told me that no, he was still 3. It is tradition in our house that the birthday child gets their gifts from us in the morning at their spot at the table. Jagger got all of his gifts and then stood up and (finally realized) yelled "I'M FOUR!!" which is what is going on in this picture.
James and Jagger reading the instructions. So cute!
After morning gifts we went to get some Donuts for breakfast in our jammies. That was yummy delicious and a very rare treat indeed!
At 4pm we had our favorite new friends over for a BBQ in Jagger's honor. It was the most relaxing birthday party we have ever had. It was also the first party we had alcohol (for the adults!). Who knew a margarita would take all my birthday party stress away?!! hahaha
Here is Jagger opening some of his presents.

This is the first time ever that I've ordered a birthday cake from a store and not a cake lady. We got it from Target and while it's not the cutest cake in the world...that was some delicious stuff!

The wind kept blowing out the candles so Jagger just blew out the match.

Some of our backyard BBQ fun.

Jonathon and Evan snuck in to play some games in quiet! They were laughing so hard we had to keep checking on them to make sure they were alright. haha

More backyard fun...

James was drinking a Sprite while riding his bike....and anyone who knows James, knows that probably is not a good idea!! He almost ate the pavement a few times! I'm guessing the margarita was still working at this point because instead of telling him to put the Sprite down...we took pictures!

Mom was forced to play the tether ball racket game thingy after much protesting...and I was actually able to hit the ball and beat Kaylee. Go Mom!! (I'm not so coordinated with sports for those that don't know that about me...ask my sisters!!)

Kaylee taking pictures with the camera.

Backyard fun from another angle...

Jagger's second piece of cake as the night is winding down.

Ms. Julie teaching the children how to play Yahtzee for kids.

Jagger loving on Mr. Bill while he plays Fish with Ryan.

Me hanging out and doing a puzzle with a few cute kids.

It was a perfect day. I can't believe my youngest is 4 now. I am a little sad not to have a little one in the house anymore but so excited about watching my children grow and move on to the next phases of their lives. What a blessing it is to be their mommy!

No comments: