background

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Recipes and Summer Vacation

So, on one of my dumpster diving trips I found a magazine called Everyday Living with Rachael Ray. It looked interesting and I'm certainly not going to pass up a free read. I brought it home and read it outside while the kids rode their bikes around on the alley. What an awesome magazine! And so many recipes. And not the kind with a bazillion ingredients that I would never make. I folded over 4 recipes and have made two so far. You should try them for yourself!

Marsala Chicken and Mushroom Bake...a pic of the magazine and mine side by side.
You can find that recipe here: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipes/no-recipe-zone-recipes/Marsala-Chicken-and-Mushroom-Casserole

This is Porke and Beans Stuffed Peppers.
This is a yummy dessert my friend, Julie, told me about. I have always made chocolate dipped strawberries but she goes further and makes chocolate dipped marshmallows. YUMMERS!! I went one step further and rolled some of them in crushed pecans after I dipped them in chocolate...I call it Rocky Road Marshmallows...I know, genius!

Well, I'm very excited to tell you that our family is leaving for Texas today. We are very excited to see our Southern family and friends. We'll be bringing the laptop and camera with us so I will try to blog daily. However, after the 16 hour drive with 3 kids I may need a day of margarita recuperation before I can do anything!

No comments: