background

Monday, June 29, 2009

Bible Verses for Children

I have not painted murals on my children's walls in our new home. This is the first time in their lives to not have something on their wall and so far it hasn't driven me too crazy. However, I have been thinking that I want to do something special and have decided to paint/write a special bible verse on each of their walls. And I need your help.

Jagger has a car/truck/motorcycle/racing room. I have been looking up verses about racing. Here are a few that I like so far:

Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous! Don not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your GOD is with you wherever you go.

1Cor 9:24 Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! ....you knew I would love that one!!

2Tim4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


James has a camp room. He loves tents and swimming and doing all camp activities. I was thinking of going with something about rock or foundation but have yet to find anything good. The only one I've found so far is this:

Deut 32:4 H is the Rock, His works are perfect and all His ways are just.

James is also really funny so it would be neat to find a quirkier verse for him.


I have joked and said that I'm going to do something on Kaylee's wall about honoring and respecting her parents and loving her brothers. hahaha I have nothing though. She is a typical 9 year old and loves all things rockstar and funky. She is definitely funky.


Anyways, I would really love some suggestions from you guys. I was hoping to do it this week but might have to wait until next week or until I find the perfect verses.

Thanks for your help!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Great ideas! I saw the verse "she is clothed with strength and dignity" over the dressing room door at a shop in Giddings which I plan on writing over Carleigh's closet. You might look up different scriptures in different versions to see if you like them better. You're so creative. I know you'll find the perfect verse.
Blessings,
Christy

Melissa E. said...

Hey there - Uppercaseliving.com has a saying "Popularity ends on yearbook day...RESPECT lasts forever!" They way they have the fonts set up is very cute. They also have some other funky/cool/music type designs that might be good for Kaylee. Not necessarily Bible verses, but wisdom...

Anonymous said...

What's up, I log on to your blog daily. Your story-telling style is witty, keep doing what you're
doing!
my site > lanautica.com

Anonymous said...

Quality posts is the important to attract the viewers to pay a visit the site, that's what this web site is providing.
my website: Hesperia Victorville