background

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Savings..Best of the Best

Today my best savings deal was at Walgreens. I was able to get free shampoo, conditioner and hairspray...all Garnier Nutrisse. You can find a $2 off coupon in the Easy Saver but get three...you can use one for each item. Then in today's paper there were coupons for $1 off of either shampoo or conditioner (I also had one from a couple of months ago so I got to use both) and one for $1 off of a styling product. Walgreens had all three items on sale for $2.99 each and so they all came up free! Woo Hoo!

Correction: You do NOT need to have more than one easy saver coupon and you do NOT need to cut them out. Just have the cashier scan them and then it will do it as many times as needed by itself.

The other thing I got was a Gillette Gamer Fusion Razor for Jimmy. I had a $4 off coupon from the Proctor and Gamble insert last week and they were on sale for $8.99. You also get a register reward good on your next purchase off of anything at Walgreens for $4. So, I essentially got a $10 razor for 99cents.

I bought $50 at Walgreens and only spent $19 plus got the $4 back. Not bad!

I got lots of great deals at Safeways also, but none that was beyond incredible. Just get Wednesdays ads (you can still get them in this week's Brighton Blade) and they have lots of coupons in there. All the savings really added up and I bought $76 worth of groceries and only paid $26. I even asked the cashier to repeat it, I thought I had heard wrong. It was awesome!

So, so far I have only spent $46 on this week's groceries. I have one more store to go to but I'm not expecting to spend much there. They have strawberries on sale though and I'm dying to get some to put in my cereal tomorrow morning...yummy!!

Happy Savings!

No comments: