background

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bragging Rights

I am walking around with my chest puffed out and my head held high...and my kids have everything to do with it!

I received a phone call from James' teacher (we'll call her Mrs. T) yesterday. She informed me that James has been doing an awesome job at school and has had very few shout outs (meaning he's been raising his hand)...YAY JAMES!

Mrs. T was also calling because they are selecting a few kindergartners to speak in front of the PTO meeting this week. She asked if it would be okay for James to attend and read a story in front of everyone. OH MY GOODNESS!! Does she know my James or what??!! That kid was born to be on stage. What a fun opportunity for him and I cannot wait to get it all on video camera..again....YAY JAMES!!!

I received another phone call tonight. This time it was Kaylee's teacher (we'll call her Mrs.K). Kaylee had to write an essay back in November about what she would like to be when she grows up, where she might want to go to college and what she might want to study in college. One parent also had to write what they expect from their child in the future.

Mrs. K was calling to inform me that out of 1100 students across the state of Colorado, 8 entries had been selected. And you know what's coming next....yes, MY KAYLEE WAS SELECTED!! In a banquet celebration to be held in April (with newspaper and such in full attendance!!), Kaylee will receive a $100 savings bond that will accrue interest until she enters college and then can be used towards her studies. How incredible is that??!! YAY KAYLEE!!!

I'm so proud of my children! I know how great they are all of the time but it is so wonderful for them to be recognized by others and rewarded for their greatness. I pray that this will just keep them motivated to work as hard as they have been working at school and to continue to succeed in all that they attempt.

GO KAYLEE AND JAMES!! WOO HOOOO!!

6 comments:

denarebeka said...

That's awesome!! I would love to read Kaylee's paper. Yay James and Kaylee! I'm sure it has something to do with her kindergarten teacher!! LOL!

Krista said...

I have been asked for Kaylee's story and I do not have it. I'm pretty sure I will receive a copy when she is presented with her award. I will publish it on the blog at that point.

Christy said...

That's awesome! Glad to hear they're doing so well.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for James and Kaylee, they're awesome. You and Jimmy must be so proud.

Anonymous said...

We will have to celebrate while we are visiting!

JulesB said...

That's awesome!! Congratulations to them both.