background

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coupon Club Details

I have heard back from several people who would be interested in the Coupon Club. So, I have some plans and then we can kind of make up the rest as we go.

My biggest goal is to meet once per month to swap coupons. Any coupons that you do not want you will bring to the meeting and we will trade with each other. I think we should kick the group off with a meeting to talk about different ideas on how to save and give those of us that are new to this some suggestions on how to make better shopping choices. Also, we need to all meet so we can get to know each other....and have a girls time! I am thinking we could try for the first Monday of the month. We could meet morning or evening...whichever the preference is. Or, we could alternate one month in the morning and the next in the evening.

I also picked Mondays because the coupons come out on Sunday but the grocery ads change on Wednesday. So, if someone found a great deal or a freebie then we would still have time to go out and get the item on Tuesday before the ad changes. Nothing worse than hearing about a freebie after the ad has changed!

The next thing I would like to do is set up an email list. We would all have each other's emails and we could group mail great deals that we find. I want to know if you used your coupons to get something for free...as I'm sure the rest would want to know. It would be a great way to maximize our savings.

So, let's plan our first meeting for Monday April 6th at 6:30pm. It will be a very informal meet and greet. We will discuss where to find coupons and how to organize them. We will also talk about different websites and such that can help you maximize your savings. And last, we will make sure we get every one's email address so we can start the group mails.

One suggestion I would make before the meeting is to get the Sunday paper and clip and save ALL of your coupons. If you want to bring a binder and some baseball card holders to the meeting to help you get organized that would be a great idea!

I am so excited to learn from each of you! Yay!

You can email me at kristaclinton@hotmail.com for directions and any other information you might need.

No comments: