background

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

24 Hour Failure

Okay, I failed.

24 hours...just barely! That's it. I constantly thought about my email. My husband, mother and sister were rotten to me and told me that the whole experiment was absurd! I had no support and I just caved!

And I'm sticking to that story!!

Seriously, I did learn something though. I truly am an email addict. It drove me crazy. I had to stay busy just to not get on. I'ld like everyone to know that my house is glistening clean from all the scrubbing done in the last 24 hours! Not a speck of dirt to be found.

My big reason for doing this was to see if getting on the internet was interfering with other things that I could be doing. And I have to say, that I don't believe it does. We are a close family that do a lot of things together...I don't think I could possibly spend any more time with my children than what I do! This morning we had breakfast together and then took Kaylee to school We played Candyland three times (and Jagger kicked James and my butt three times!!). We cleaned our rooms and then vacuumed and did bathrooms. And now the kids are sitting down to watch Dora and then Diego. So, it's time for me. This is when I get on the internet. And I don't feel bad for not watching their crappy shows with them!!

So, I've justified my failure.

I'm thrilled to be back online.

And now I can go about my day much happier!

4 comments:

Nanny said...

Welcome back Krista....First of all you didnot fail. What crap. You have a full time job of taking care of three children, cat and husband. Don't be so hard on yourself. If the internet is your down time...THEN SO BE IT..
love

Lesley At Sarita Farms said...

I wanted to be supportive but I was hoping you didn't make it a week!! i love reading what yall are doing!!!
I hate those crappy kids shows too!!! LOL!!!!

Christy said...

Hee Hee! You crack me up!

Carissa said...

When I go on vacation I go wireless, no laptops or cell phones (unless it's an emergency). I love coming home to 200+ emails. When I'm home though, I think I check the computer 15 times a day, like a crazy person.