background

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Super Solution

I was talking on the phone with a girl from MOPS the other night and she happened to mention a place called Supper Solutions. I was on the laptop while we were talking and looked it up and it looked pretty neat. Then when Jim and I took the kids to safety day on Saturday the event just happened to be taking place in the Supper Solutions parking lot. Jimmy and I took a look around and decided to join for three months. I went tonight for my first time.

The basic idea of Supper Solutions is to make dinner time easier at home. You can choose from about 18 meals and they have a different menu every month. When you go you prepare all of your meals (you can choose as low as 8 or as high as 18). With the three month plan that I signed up for (you get 15% off right now in Brighton if you sign onto this promotion) you are required to choose at least 12 meals. And choose we did!

When I arrived tonight a lovely girl named Leah was my helper for the evening. All of your meats are in a frozen Ziploc labelled with what meal they should go with. You take one of the bags and then go to the station that has the same label. You then follow the directions on the card. (You can choose size wise which serves 2-3 people or full size which feeds 4-6 people. You tell them what sizes you want to make when you call to reserve your appointment time.) Leah explained how to do it all and left me to it (she was only a quick hey away if I needed help though).

People...this place is awesome! I was so worried that this was going to be more for the working mom that has no time than for me who is home most of the day (trust me, I even asked about the cancellation policy while I was signing up...it's just a $25 charge for those of you that are interested). Seriously though, this was a dream. I got to make 12 meals, package them all and not one person asked me to finish their DS game, or told me that someone called them a butthead or even asked me to get them a drink...not one time!! I arrived at 6pm and was done and walking out by 7:15pm. And the variety. No more soft taco nights once per week. We are going to have so many things to choose from. And I chose full size so we will have leftovers from most of the meals. Here is a list of the 12 meals I chose:

Big Dawg Ribs (Jimmy picked that as our first meal to try out tomorrow night!)
Chicken Tetrazzini
Colorado Wraps (roast beef wrapped in tortillas)
Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Honey Mustard Chicken with Bacon and Mozerella
Isabella's Parmegiana
Memphis Pork
Mexican Chicken Skillet
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Rocky Mountain Petite Roast
Skinny Minnie Tortilla Soup
Sweet Brisket
and we ordered a size of Lobster Bisque Soup

I know you want to know...our average month should be $183 but tonight I paid $200 even because I ordered a couple of the more expensive meals. The prices are based on the meal. To do a size wise plan would run you about $142 a month.

Here is a picture of one of the stations. All the ingredients are right in front of you. All I had to do was measure them and put them into a Ziploc bag so that they can be frozen until we want to eat them. Big plus..I'm not going to be making a meal and halfway through realize that I forgot to buy one of the ingredients...it's all at my fingertips! And another perk...Leah came behind me and cleaned up my messes! Tell me, how many times does the stay-at-home mom get to say that someone is cleaning HER messes??!!

And here is me all done with all of my food bagged behind me. Look at all of that! I cannot wait to get started cooking. I do have one complaint though...it was really hard not to lick my fingers while I was working! I accidentally got honey on my finger and was seriously salivating over it! And the big fresh chunks of tomatoes that I had to put into the Mexican Chicken Skillet...oh how I would have loved to pop one of those into my mouth!

So, a super solution to all of your time management and variety issues when it comes to dinner is Supper Solutions!! If you go based on my recommendation then please give them my name because I'll get a free meal, just like Kelly did for recommending it to me!!

Happy Eating!!

2 comments:

Karen H TX said...

You are soooo cute in your chef's hat!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds great! Too bad there is not one here...

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

My mom just threw me a baby shower at one of their locations. I can't wait to try their food.

Glad you had a good experience. It's such a fun and helpful idea.