background

Saturday, September 6, 2008

GO ASTROS!!!

What a great surprise! The Houston Astros are in town to play the Colorado Rockies for a weekend series and we got to go see them tonight! I was a little nervous with all of the kids (James' last and only experience with a baseball game was not so good...read fell asleep and was only happy when eating junk food!) but all of the kids did great. It was such a great night. I had no idea that Coors Field was an outdoor stadium and the weather was perfect tonight! We could not have planned a better Saturday night.

Well, you know nothing is just perfect with me. I have this slight (read HUGE) fear of heights. We decided that we would buy $12 tickets since we wanted to be cheap and there are five of us. I was happy with that. And I loved walking around and taking the escalator up. It was quite nice. And then we went to our seats. We were on the lower 300s and we were only three rows up from the railing. And after the railing it's just a SHEAR DROP OFF TO A CERTAIN DEATH!! I was terrified. We still had half an hour until the game started so Jim said we could go try and walk off my fear. It was a nice stroll while I pumped my children with the new instructions of no standing, no sitting on anything but bottoms and certainly no wild jumping!! Just sit and make no sudden moves and all will be well! Poor children!

I must say I did do very well during the game. I had to look away when anyone from the front row stood up. And one time there were these teenagers that came in on the second row and had to get to the first row and they stood on the seats before they got to the ground of the first row...I felt the fear from my calves up. Yes, MY CALVES! Who knew that you could have fear in your calves? Here is a picture of how horrible the drop off is. They should really correct this, or make the railing ten feet higher! Of course, I couldn't get any closer to show you what you could possibly land on, but trust me, DEATH WOULD BE IMMINENT!!

Coors Field was gorgeous. As it got darker the mountains seem to shine brighter in the background. It was such a lovely night, a lovely view and a perfect time with my family. So very blessed I am!!





1 comment:

Karen H TX said...

I totally get the heights fear. I didn't used to have this fear, it's a more recent development. The last time we were in Colorado, I had to have Brian drive (I always drive) because the panic attack was so bad. Several of the roads, the ones with no guard rails next to the edge with the drop off, got named Oh S**T! roads. I loved being there and hiking in the mountains, I just need a sedative to drive through. No one should go 45 MPH on those mountain roads! Are they Insane?!?!?