background

Monday, September 22, 2008

100 Things About Me

I love lists! I love paperwork. I love organization. But I especially love lists. So today when I checked Carissa's blog and saw that she had a list of 100 things about her it was only natural that I be a big fat copycat and make my own list (which you may also be a copycat and do yourself because they are so fun to read about other people! And besides, Carissa admitted to copycatting someone else!) So, here goes...

1. I have a really long name..Krista Margaret Eleanor Devine-Clinton
2. I love all of my names except the Krista (all the others have special meaning).
3. I named my daughter the same way..two middle names.
4. We named James just to mess with people's heads because everyone always asks if Jimmy's name is James (it's not).
5. I was born in Ottawa Canada.
6. When I think of home I still picture Montreal, Quebec.
7. I have had 11 surgeries.
8. I was born with a cleft palate.
9. I am blind in my right eye.
10. I used to wear a hearing aid.
11. I want to get a hearing aid again.
12. All of the people that I say "what?" to all day long want me to get a hearing aid.
13. I have the perfect husband.
14. I have three beautiful children.
15. We took fertility drugs to have Kaylee.
16. We adopted James from Saratov, Russia.
17. Jagger was a huge surprise.
18. I get upset every month that I realize I'm not pregnant.
19. I could have a house full of children.
20. Parenting is the hardest job in the world!
21. I feel guilty for how much I yell at my children.
22. I am terrified to be home alone at night.
23. I make my children sleep with me when Jimmy works nights.
24. I love to read.
25. I am 9 months and 21 days into reading the Bible in one year.
26. I am a christian.
27. I love God.
28. I am especially thankful for grace.
29. And mercy.
30. I love small groups.
31. I like to cook.
32. I like to make cookies and cakes with my kids.
33. I love to have people over for dinner.
34. I don't have a lot of friends.
35. I am very close to the friends I do have.
36. I talk to my mom everyday...usually more than once.
37. I talk to my sister Jennifer almost every day.
38. I wish I talked to my sister Catherine more often.
39. My dad committed suicide when I was 19.
40. The first funeral I ever went to was my dad's.
41. I miss my dad's laughter the most.
42. I can still hear my dad say my name "Kris" any time I want to.
43. I have a half brother named Michael.
44. I lived in Texas for 10 years.
45. Texas never became home to me.
46. I moved to Colorado a month ago.
47. I feel happier in Colorado than I have in a long time.
48. I have been married for 10 years.
49. The last four years of our marriage have been the best!
50. I love growing old with my Jimmy.
51. I am scared of dying.
52. I am terrified of heights.
53. I zip lined the first and only time this past summer at family camp.
54. I am not inclined to ever do it again.
55. I want to go white water rafting.
56. I am shy.
57. Yet I know I'm a leader.
58. I annoy myself when I talk about myself too long.
59. It makes me feel like I am boring the other person.
60. I am now wondering why I am writing this list.
61. But my love for lists is winning!
62. I have dislocated my left arm 5 times.
63. I have only dislocated my right arm once.
64. I have a horrible long term memory.
65. I have extremely vivid dreams.
66. I have been known to confuse my dreams with reality.
67. I don't remember my parents being married.
68. My parents divorced when I was 6.
69. My mom is one of my favorite people in the world.
70. I love to paint. Walls not pictures.
71. I love my hair.
72. I like how my hair changes colors all on it's own. No, seriously.
73. I love to do big projects with my husband.
74. My husband is way funnier than me.
75. Most people are way funnier than me.
76. I was born without the funny gene!
77. I love baths.
78. I hate walking.
79. I eat three meals a day.
80. I hate to drink.
81. Unless it's fountain coke.
82. I craved fountain coke and red meat in both of my pregnancies.
83. I am a jealous person.
84. I get my feelings hurt very easily.
85. I don't lie.
86. I hate being lied to.
87. What you see is what you get with me.
88. I am proud of how my life has turned out.
89. I feel very blessed with everything that has been brought into my life.
90. I am always trying to be a better wife and mom.
91. I want to be a better Christian..more knowledgeable.
92. I want my children to grow up loving God more than anything.
93. I have failed at doing daily devotions with my children.
94. I really want to go to Jamaica or Los Cabos with my family.
95. I want to be skinnier.
96. I hate brushing my teeth (but don't worry, I do!).
97. I love writing.
98. I love blogging.
99. I still love lists!
100. I wouldn't change a thing about my life except to have my friends and family closer.

5 comments:

Russell and Carissa said...

Krista,

I'm glad you copied me, your list was a lot of fun to read. I like finding out random bits about people.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to know new, strange things about you! But....Texas never felt like home? I'm so sorry! I always thought you just slid right into the Texas life...

Krista said...

In response to the Texas never felt like home....I was too busy always comparing Texas to Canada and could never just accept TX for what it was. In Colorado I started doing the same thing between Colorado and TX and realized that I had to accept the differences. I had to stop comparing and just go with the flow. I made wonderful friends in TX that will last a lifetime..I was not discounting that at all!!

Karen H TX said...

Love the list...you're funnier than you think!

Anonymous said...

HELLO! She loved Texas for the simple fact that she met ME! DUH!