background

Friday, September 26, 2008

Just Another Week in the LIfe of Krista

We got a new security system in the new house. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to darkness and night time! So, the first night that Jim is not home with me when I go to bed, Monday night, the front door won't arm. I call the company and they tell me they will have someone out tomorrow and teach me how to bypass the one connection for the night.

Side note: There is a train about a mile from my home. At night time it somehow picks itself up and moves its tracks right outside my door so that it sounds like it's about to come through my bedroom!! I have learned to sleep through it though.

Back to my story. So, I have decided that I'm not sure how much I like alarm systems because you sleep lightly and listen to see if you hear the siren that could possibly go off (at least that's what I do). Not to mention on this particular night that I've pretty much convinced myself that someone has tampered with my front door and is just waiting for me to turn out the lights so that they can kill me or whatever it is that they do when they break in. Somehow between listening for my front door and waiting for my alarm to go off, I do fall asleep. And then the stupid train goes by! I almost hit the frigging ceiling!! Needless to say, I was up every hour that the train went by that night!!

Then on Wednesday I was so very very brave! I took Jimmy's truck and drove on the highway for 20 minutes to get his emissions test done. I also got my Colorado driver's license. I was so proud of myself that I found a bakery and treated Jagger and to a chocolate croissant. Yummers! Then we headed back to Brighton and I had both of the vehicles registered. Go me! From there I went straight home (this is an important part of the story.)

Since I had written such a big check at the registration place I came in the house knowing I should update my checkbook. At the same time I saw my voice mail blinking and while I listened I checked my email and was shocked to see I had 20 new emails. When I finally got through with everything I went to get my checkbook. Where is it? I am positive I put it on the counter. You know how you know you put something somewhere and you look around over and over and over for it and it puts you into a really bad mood...well, that was me! I was so annoyed.
Jagger and I went and picked James up at the bus stop in the car and decided to go back to the registration place because I must have left it there. Nope, not there. People, I am telling you, I did not go anywhere else! When Jimmy wakes up I have to tell him. And he reminds me of another Krista story.....

8 years ago I could not travel back to Canada without documentation because I was in the middle of trying to get a greencard. I was leaving for Canada in two days. Kaylee and I had picked up lunch at Cracker Barrel one day and I have a habit of throwing my wallet into whatever bag I have just gotten with my purchase. Once I got home I removed my purchase. The bag was such a sturdy bag that I used it as a garbage bag and threw Kaylee's diaper genie bag into it and put it on the curb with the rest of the garbage. Once the garbage was picked up I realized what had happened and called Jimmy crying my eyes out because of the upcoming trip. My super hero husband called the City of Baytown and found out what truck picked up our garbage. He then called the garbage truck driver and was told that he was already at the dump but that he would dump beside the big hole (because I have no idea what the technical term is) and he could come dig through if he wanted. Jimmy left work and met the truck and dug through a whole truck load of garbage looking for a Cracker Barrel bag with diapers in it...and he found it! Complete with my wallet right at the bottom like I told him it would be.

So, when I told Jim about losing the checkbook you can imagine how he felt. How can I possibly lose these things?? He made me call and cancel the last two checks and I was frustrated the rest of the day. That night I was going upstairs to put the kids to bed and noticed Jagger closing the cubby in his new bed. I saw stuff in there and was wondering what he was storing. And guess what I found?? I knew I had brought the stupid thing home!! I called Jim but he wasn't as nearly as excited as I was because the probability of me losing it again in the future is kind of high, I guess. haha!

On Wednesday I got sick too! Runny nose and cough.

All is well that ends well. This is my normal and I woudln't trade it for anything! Besides, it gives me something to talk about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, are you lucky. I am a garbage collector and once we compact the trash, it's pretty hard to find something useable again.

Karen H TX said...

I told you, you are funnier than you think. The way you tell a story! Girl, you made me laugh!!

JulesB said...

Your stories crack me up.