background

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We Suck as Puppy Parents

I am very sad to say that we have given Moose to a better home than what we could offer.

I would love to say that he was a crazy hyper puppy that was eating through our home and money. But he wasn't. He was relatively calm for a yellow lab. He was loyal. And the only thing he ate through was the kids toys and a ton of food!! Oh, and one wicker coffee table/storage thingy.

We do not have a fenced backyard and it was not fair to Moose to not be able to get out and run around. We took him to the dog park but not very often. With three kids it was hard to even get him out for walks.

And frankly, the responsibility is more than I could stand. I hated HAVING to get up in the morning to let him out and feed him...my kids are finally sleeping in a bit and now I had to get up for a dog??!! It was pure annoyance for me!

All bad reasons.

We won't do this again unless we have some land and some kids who will actually walk the dog. I will miss my Moose.

So sad.

2 comments:

Christy said...

My doggie days are over too for a very, very long time! I don't blame you one bit. Dogs are a lot of work even if they're easy dogs. I hope no one thinks it's a good idea to get us one, because it will disappear the next day. ;) Have a good one!

clinton-family said...

Awwwww......you gave Moose away? I am sad too....I really liked him and thought he had the best personality. Too bad we don't live closer or you couldn't have shipped him to us! Haha.....we would have given it a shot, even though I think he would have clobbered Allie with his monster paws or eaten her for a snack....so sad.