background

Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Day, Another Hike

We went hiking again at Walker's Ranch on Saturday. This time we brought a friend of Kaylee and James. It was a beautiful crisp day...perfect day for a hike!

Jimmy had the camera this time and so there are no pictures of him..but he was there....photographing the whole journey!

We saw three deer...I know there are only two in this picture. The third was a little bit further down. Maizie even found some deer antlers...she was a superstar in my kids eyes for that treasure find!
A picnic lunch.
There is one spot where you have to cross a small frozen creek. I was the last to cross...and apparently the heaviest because I broke through and my feet got soaked! I wrapped my feet in mittens and a scarf and Jim laid the shoes in the sun to dry for me...so sweet!


Maizie is just the sweetest child. Just before this picture she was walking along with the kids and then came back to tell us she was going to cry because she was just so thankful for going on this hike. I told her mom that I would trade her for one of mine!!



My little man cub in hibernation!





James and I were eating apples and Jimmy was standing right in the sun when we tried to take this picture...James and I were blinded for a few minutes after that!




2 comments:

Nanny said...

I love all the pictures Krista.

Nanny said...

I love all the pictures Krista.