background

Friday, February 6, 2009

Obama's Stimulus Package

I'm not a political person and I love Obama from what I've seen of him. But....this just really makes me angry!

According to the bill, which the Democratic-controlled House passed despite unanimous Republican opposition, funds are prohibited from being used for the "modernization, renovation, or repair" of facilities that allow "sectarian instruction, religious worship or a school or department of divinity."

What this means is that any school that has a group that meets for any kind of religious function or group would not qualify for the stimulus.

Could someone please tell me what the point of this inclusion is other than to just totally anger Christians???

Here is a link to the full article
http://sn102w.snt102.mail.live.com/mail/TodayLight.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0&n=1331057141

No comments: