background

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finding a Place to Put Everything

So, with all of this grocery gaming and coupon saving...my biggest issue is where to put all of this stuff! Now trust me, I'm not just buying things because they are cheap (well, maybe I did that with the Hostess cupcakes today but I've never bought them before and they WERE CHEAP!). I am getting things at rock bottom prices and I know it will get used so I'm buying it...the grocery game calls this "stockpiling."

I just had to clean out my bathroom cabinet to make room for all of the toilet paper that I've been buying. I found it for $3 today though and you can't pass up Charmin toilet paper for $3!!

My next mission is to find a place to put all of my paper towels. I have overloaded the cabinet on top of the fridge and I still have 16 more rolls to put away! Again, I found Brawny for only $5 for 8 rolls so I had to buy two packages! And to think I used to get excited to pay $10 for 8 rolls at Target. Nuts!

I do have one question for you. If you do NOT do the grocery game or clip coupons, tell me one reason why. I've been asked to do a breakout session at the ladies retreat on all of these saving ideas and I'm thinking of debunking myths. So, tell me why you don't do this and I will try to find a way to prove you wrong! haha This is so up my alley! haha

I can't wait to hear from you. You can email me at kristaclinton@hotmail.com or it's always more fun when everyone gets to read your messages...so you can leave a comment on here. I know you don't always leave comments but this time it would REALLY HELP ME!!

1 comment:

Melissa E. said...

Okay Krista - there are several reasons I don't do the grocery game (even thought it's been recommended to me by at least three friends over the past five years.) First, I have to say that I never did try it for myself. I formed opinions and assumptions which led to my disinclination to "play" the game. Here they are (in no particular order.) 1. Although I do like to buy a bargain, I HATE looking for them or going out of my way to get them. Although the grocery game lady tells you where to go to buy what, you still have some legwork of your own to do. 2. I don't like coupons. They force you to buy certain brands and sizes which may or may not meet your need or be available. They also cause people go give you hateful looks in the checkout line. 3. With a household of UNREASONABLY PICKY consumers who are very BRAND LOYAL/CERTAIN FLAVOR LOYAL and somewhat HEALTH CONSCIOUS, many of the deeply discounted items and foods in sales ads will never be on my shopping list anyway. 4. I just don't have room to stockpile. Our cabinets are filled to overflowing as it is and we don't have a nice, big pantry like some of the newer homes have. 5. It gives me a headache just thinking about the clipping, planning and carrying out. Maybe I don't get a big enough thrill from the idea of saving (much to Jeff's chagrin, I'm sure) or maybe we've not been in the situation where it was really necessary. Maybe I'm just not motivated enough...

Did that give you enough fodder for your break-out session? :)