background

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Column 11-26-08

Thanksgiving..such a beautiful holiday. Time to sit back and give thanks for all of the year's blessings. A chance to sit around the table with those that you love and be thankful for having them in your life. And even a day of mourning as we remember those that we've lost over the year and are not able to share our holiday traditions any longer.

As I reflect on the last year, and oh what a year it has been, I am so filled with thanksgiving. I conquered some major fears, including overcoming my fear of heights and going on a zip line and was blessed to still be alive at the end of it! I have been blessed with a new life, in a new home, in a new state. I have been given the opportunity to experience Autumn again and to watch my children experience it for the first time. I saw snow this year! I am in good health. I have been blessed with lots of laughter in my little world.

I am thankful for all of the new friends in my life. The friends that I’ve made with my new neighbors and the friends that my children have made with their children. We have been blessed with wonderful teachers for our children that have been really interested and involved in making sure that our whole family transitions well to our new home. I started a new bunco group and I am so thankful for the women that joined and all of the laughter they brought to my life last Thursday!

My table this year will be filled with those that I love so very much. My awesome husband of ten years who I love more than anything in this world by my side. My three beautiful children that I cherish with all of my heart. My wonderful and entire in-law family that I have been so blessed to have share in my life. And with my special new nephew, Camden, who is five months old and I will be meeting for the first time!

My family lost a friend this year to suicide. I am so sad for my best friend who's husband it was and my children's best friends whose father it was. This year is a sad year for them as they remember their whole family together. It's also a day of looking forward and setting new traditions as they remember the man they loved so much. My heart hurts as we all mourn him this Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for all of the wonderful experiences I've had this year. The joys and the sorrows. The laugher and the tears. The ups and the downs. I know that every bad situation has the potential and ability to help us grow in character. My life, and year, has had a lot of character building moments and I am thankful for the friends, family and even strangers who have had kind words to build me up to who I am. As I write this and finish my reflecting, I have to say I am truly thankful for the awesome year I've had and to all of you who have brightened my world.

1 comment:

Nanny said...

Krista I am so proud to be your Mother..Happy Thanks Giving to all of you. Love all around honey : )