background

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Standard Blade Article 11-19-2008

By Krista Clinton

One of the most important things I needed to do when I moved to Brighton was find an orthodontist. I have had braces since February and needed to continue with the treatment. I was smart enough to have an appointment in Texas two days before I left which bought me four weeks to find Mr. or Mrs. Right.

I went into three orthodontic offices in Brighton. I had a couple criteria that needed to be met. They needed to be schooled in cleft palates; both my daughter and I were born with one. I wanted someone who would see both adults and children so my daughter and I could go to the same person since we have the same history and it would be easier than explaining it to two people. Lastly, I wanted someone who was up to date with some of the newest technology and would be willing to try some modern approaches.

Dr. David G. Sabbot, 503 S. Fourth Ave., fit the bill perfectly. I was immediately impressed with DeAnne who took my initial phone call. When I first arrived I was even more impressed with how nice the office looked and how friendly everyone was to me.

The first thing I did was get pictures and X-rays taken with DeAnne. We talked about what I have had done and where I wanted to end up. Then Dr. Sabbott met with us and DeAnne summed up everything I said for him. Dr. Sabbott gave me his ideas and I shared mine. He was so great on understanding that I was not aiming for perfection. I just wanted a few things fixed. We were able to come to a great compromise.

I had a total of four appointments, all of them with Jada working on me. I was so pleased with Jada’s gentleness and understanding. She even sent me a note after the first tightening telling me she hoped I was able to eat dinner that night. It’s those little touches that make a huge difference. In those four appointments we were able to correct all of my issues and I had my braces removed this month!

I am thrilled that I will also be able to bring my daughter to Dr. Sabbott. He makes things fun for kids. He has a wonderful wooden nickel program as incentives to keep your teeth clean and braces from breaking. You are able to trade those wooden nickels in for gift cards (which the adults love) or little toys (which I did for my son when he had to come with me one time and was so good).

Check out my before and after pictures at my blog.

Happy Brushing!

3 comments:

Nanny said...

Nicely written Krista.

Gordon Diffey said...

Finding the right orthodontist can be a problem. However, the whole field of orthodontic treatment has moved forward in the past few years and the whole patient experience is now less stressful. I am pleased that you have found someone you are happy with. Good luck with the treatment and I am sure you will be pleased with the results and it will all be worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the post. Here is a useful directory of orthodontists by state/city for anyone looking for an orthodontist.

Orthodontist Directory