background

Friday, November 21, 2008

A Brunette's Blonde Moment

We thought it would be fun to get tickets for Dad and Jimmy to go to the Broncos vs. Raiders game on Sunday as Dad's Christmas present. We searched some sites and finally found a great deal on ebay. We put in our bid and seventeen hours later we were the proud highest bidders of two tickets. I immediately logged onto my paypal account and paid.

Today I receive a message on ebay saying that the seller will overnight the tickets to 8327 Silver Fir Lane in Baytown, Texas. Are you kidding me?!!

The guy's number was listed and so I called him a bazillion times and even texted twice to really get my point across. I also responded to the message on ebay telling him that NO! that is not the right address!

After an hour of biting my nails and wearing my phone batteries down I get a call while walking around in Target (shocking, I know. When stressed, to Target I go!). He is calling from a totally different number (because he has an I-phone that sucks and never got my messages anyways!) to say that they cannot confirm overnight delivery to Baytown and is there another address he could send the tickets to? I was like DUDE! I LOVE YOU! and I only live 5 minutes from you, how's about I just pick them up?

Could you imagine? $200 down the drain because I didn't change my address on ebay. I so would have sucked rotten eggs on Sunday!

1 comment:

Life With the Hobans said...

You think that's bad? 2 years ago I bid like crazy for a raiders vs broncos and was so excited when I got them. I ran to tell Jake and he was really excited, then he geve me the date that he thought the game was on. It wasn't the same date as the game I bid on, knowing that when it comes to the Broncos my husband is never wrong I checked again and realized that I bought tickets to the game in OAKLAND! I ended up giving them to some family in CA but I felt like the biggest dork.