background

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kissing Wars

My youngest son HATES kisses! He gives the absolute best hugs; wraps his arms around your neck as tight as he can and squeezes all of his love into you. Then, he keeps his head turned and backs away quickly so that he can get away without you kissing him. If you ask for a kiss, he will say "I give you a hug. But no kisses okay?" and then you have to proceed to promise him so that you can be rewarded with his affection.

This all started about three months ago. He just stopped kissing. I would ask for a kiss and he would put his hand over my mouth and then kiss his hand. At one point I asked him to give me a goodnight kiss and he told me to go across the room. When I did, he blew me a kiss. That crazy boy!! I have to admit, at times like this I hold him down and tell him that mommies have little boys so that they can kiss them and I proceed to kiss him all over his face while he shrieks and giggles and tries to get away. Happy moments!!

And it's not just me! Thank goodness or I would have a serious kissing complex by now. When Jimmy's whole family was here he did it to all of them as well. They will testify to the fact that he is the anti-kisser! It's quite sad.

So, at this point Jimmy and I are not against bribery. Jimmy has gone as far as to bribe him with a mocha frappaccino...crazy nuts!! Well, tonight I thought it would be fun to make a game of it and tell him that if he kissed me then I would take a picture and we would put it on the computer. He was all for it until it came time, then it took some coaxing. And it was even worse for him because there is a delay on my camera so it took a few shots before we actually captured "the kiss." HAHAHAHA!! I ate up every moment of it.
Nope...you moved to fast, we'll have to try again.....

Nice kiss, but not a good picture. We'll have to do it again.....

Nope, that isn't a real kiss. Try again.....

Okay, this one is acceptable. Yummy kisses!! Fun game!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!! What an angel! both of you ; )

Nanny said...

Oh my gawd Krista those are absolutely precious pictures. I could just eat him up. xxxooxxx