background

Monday, December 15, 2008

Cleaning Brain or Devine Christian Preschool??

Today was cleaning day. And when I clean...I think. I have some of best ideas when I've got my hand scrubbing away in the toilet!

So today's idea??

Well, it's something that has been rattling around in my brain for a while but it started to come together a bit better while scrubbing. Actually, Karen put the seed in my head right before I left Texas.

I'm not pleased with the preschools in Brighton. Either the hours stink or the cost is ridiculous. I want my child to go for the socialization but seriously, I'ld have to work to pay some of the costs here! The problem is that I can't work because James only goes to half day kindergarten (don't even get me started on how I feel about that!). I was paying $136/month for Jagger to go to school for 6 hours per week. In Texas I paid $200 month for him to go to school 20 hours a week. In Texas he also went from 9-2 so that if I wanted to hold a part-time job or get some errands done I could; here it was 8-11 and James is 8:30-11:30..by the time I got done driving around I was lucky to get an hour and a half to myself. Crazy!

Okay...so the solution?

Open my own school!

I've subbed. I've taught. I'm raising three kids. I'm super organized. I know what I want my kids to learn before going to kindergarten. I know how important it is to me to have my children in a christian-based preschool. I love art, fun and messes. I learned a lot from Day School for Little People in Texas and I know Karen (my boss at DSFLP) would help me out with ideas, rules and regulations.

I can do this.

I could do it at home. Get a license and convert my basement into a school; in which case I would only do a 4 year old class and I would hire someone to work with me.

Or...I could find a church to allow me to use their facilities and run it in the preschool department like we did in Texas.

This could be awesome.

Or maybe just another cleaning idea gone bad??

What do you think?

1 comment:

Life With the Hobans said...

Go for it. I am also bummed about how things have gone with preschool, I am pulling Isabella at the end of December (she's working hard for her Christmas party) and we are going to do swimming lessons and dance class until Kinder. If there is anything I can do to help, I will! :) My Mom runs a preschool now at a hospital in Pueblo and ran in home day care and preschool when I was a kid. She has a million books and would probably loan them to you.