background

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Most Favorite Mommies

Do you see those beautiful women? I am so blessed to call them my family. They are all so special to me and I wanted to honor them on my blog on this Mother's Day.

My Mommy is the one in the back right. Mom...you are my best friend. You have been my mom, my teacher, my rock..my everything! You have loved me through my highs and my lows and have never stopped telling me so. I love your smile, your laughter and your love for life. You have overcome some amazing obstacles, been through some hard times and yet you have always come out better, instead of bitter, at the other end. I live for our morning phone calls and our daily scrabble emails. Even though we are far apart in miles, I have you with me everyday in heart! You are the best mommy and I love you all the way to the moon...and back! xo

I'm going in order of birth here....

Jennifer is the one in the back middle and my oldest (going to be a Grandma soon!) sister. Jen, I love you so very much. You make me laugh the most! You are so funny and quick and have the best laugh ever! You are the one that springs into action the quickest whenever someone, or something, falls apart. My children think the world of you and I think you are even better than that! You have been an awesome mommy and gave me the opportunity to be such a huge part of your children's lives and that is a blessing I will always treasure. I am so excited for your new journey as a Grandma to start this week! You are the sunshine in my cloudy days! xo

Catherine is in the back left. You always have a smile on your face. And a great big beautiful smile it is. This is your first year as a mommy and I am so thrilled and excited for you. It meant so much to me that you brought me along for the journey of your pregnancy last year. I will always treasure that and the hope and love that was born out of that journey. You are so strong. You are the one that can stand up against anything and anyone. You were the perfect sister to have beside you when the bully came knocking. I love you very much and I love the brand new niece that you brought into my life! xo

Melanie is on the bottom. Melanie is my sweet niece; Jennifer's daughter. Smelly, I love you to pieces. I remember when you were little and we would have sleepovers and you'ld sleep in my room with me. I remember taking you on the bus and to school to show you off to my friends. You were the cutest little girl that ever was! You are going to be a mom as of this week and I know you are going to be the best mom ever. You have your mother's sense of humor and you are going to have such a fun time raising your little girl. I am so proud of you and who you have become. And I can't wait to be a GREAT AUNT! So fun! I love you so much Smelly and I so wish I could be there with you this week! You're going to be a rockstar! xo
I would be doing a complete disservice if I didn't include my other favorite mommy in this post.


My mother-in-law is very special to me. I will always be so grateful to her just for giving me that gorgeous man in the picture with her. He is my everything! But there is so much more to Mom than that. Mom, I love you for loving me just like I was born to you. I love you for caring so much about me and this family that your son and I have been blessed with. You have such a generous heart and have been most generous with your love. I am so blessed to have you in my life and to be able to call you my friend. I treasure the small moments that we've found over the years to have by ourselves and to grow our relationship. You are the best mother-in-law that a girl could ask for! xo

2 comments:

Nanny said...

You my dear dear "Krista" are one of my dearest blessing...you warm my heart everyday with our chats of laughter life and just craziness..and even though you are miles away you are inside me (my heart) and beside me everyday..thank you for your kind words and letting me know yet again how special you really are.
Happy Mother's Day sweet Krista.
Mom xo

Catharooni said...

Ooooh Krista you do have a way with words don't you. I think you had us all bawling. We missed you yesturday and always....maybe next year we can all be together, wouldn't that be so nice!
Love you xoxo