background

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Freecycle

I have drawn the conclusion that you should never pay full price for anything anymore! It's ridiculous what is out there if you just look for it.

My friend told me about a site called freecycle.org. You type in your city and state and then a list comes up of people that want things and people that are giving things away. The catch is that it all has to be FREE!

I have wanted a sandbox with a lid for my kids. I posted that last week and today I went and picked one up from a lady who responded to my post. It's in perfect condition and my kids were THRILLED to put it in our backyard. And I'm so excited that it was FREE!
Don't mind the rock on his head...we weren't trying to stone him, we just don't want the wind to blow the lid off!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have the exact same sandbox, and it has a brick paver stone on its head!!! Gotta love CO winds in the spring!!!!

Carline said...

That's a pretty nice sandbox. If you have not heard, ToolzDo is coming out this week with a freecycle app. It's Facebook for freecycle. Get a preview now. http://www.toolzdo.com/how_it_works_give_get

Christy said...

Very cool! You are such a thrifty little thing!