background

Monday, May 25, 2009

Jellystone of Estes Park

What a great weekend! It was our family's first camping trip...in a tent, not a cabin. It was cold at some points and rainy at others, but it was a perfect first trip.

The perfect weekend picture!

Jagger saw Yogi and just threw his stick down and ran to hug him. So cute!

Every night at 6pm, and in the morning at 10am, they have the lowering/raising of the flag. The first night we went and James was chosen to help lower the flag and then hold it while it was folded. He did a great job and never let the flag touch the ground (which apparently is a huge no-no...who knew?!).

They have a balloon guy that comes out at certain times and makes hats and animals for the children. Jagger was the only one who was patient enough to wait in line for 30 minutes and got a cool fish on the end of a fishing pole for his patience. It's Monday and it still hasn't popped...I'm dreading that tearfest!

Kaylee found a cool resting spot next to our tent.

Doing the camp thing and roasting some marshmallows for smores..yummy!! I think they have gotten better as I've gotten older!

I was in charge of the fire and was tired of looking for twigs to start the fire...so I just dragged a whole branch over and ripped the twigs off myself. Jimmy thought I was crazy.

This is the tent we all slept in. Not very big but free...Jim's mother gave it to us! It is perfect for our family with the size that we are but we will grow out of it pretty quickly. We're looking into a pop-up now. If you have one or know someone that does and you are looking to sell...let us know!!

We were waiting in line for the Wagon Ride with Yogi when I took this picture of Jagger sitting on my feet. He looks adorable....my dirty pants however, pretty gross!

Wagon Ride with Yogi.

Daddy lovins on the Wagon Ride.

The kids had a blast putting their knees and elbows on this contraption and then sliding down. It looks like James is about to eat it...but he actually has a plan!
I totally LOVE my husband in a sweat shirt! Yummers!

Kaylee and James loved to be pushed by daddy on the tire. It made me and Jagger want to puke just looking at them!

Just daydreaming....

I told you...I was the firewoman!!

He could sell the Oscar Meyer Wieners with this cute picture!

Jagger was making his own garden. Pulling out flowers from random places and then sticking them in his own "garden."

And Kaylee's garden.
Like I said, perfect weekend. You can see what we did on our side trip on Sunday in the post under this one. So much fun!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Haysmont said...

Nice photos. Beyond "snapshot" for sure! Looks like it was a great time!