background

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Scholarship Award

I know there has been more family stuff on here than just my random thoughts lately. For those of you that prefer random thoughts...they'll be back soon.

But for now...I'm just so tickled pink with my Kaylee's accomplishment. I wrote a few week's back about Kaylee writing an essay and winning a $100 scholarship award for it. Well, tonight was the ceremony and here are the pics.

Kaylee had told everyone that I was going to have to drag her on stage if I wanted her up there. I'm very happy to say that she walked up on her own and did very well accepting her award while a synopsis of her essay was read.
Kaylee and her teacher. I can't say enough wonderful things about her third grade teacher and I am so proud for both her and Kaylee that Kaylee won this award.

Kaylee's teacher also brought flowers for her. Here they are cut and put into a vase on our dining table. So pretty!

And, of course, we had to end the night with a picture of Kaylee and her proud mama!

Way to go Kaylee...Mom and Dad couldn't be more proud of you! xo

2 comments:

Nanny said...

Miss Kaylee I am so proud of you...you looked absolutely beautiful. hummm Beauty and brains...now there is a nice combination.
love you

Deborah said...

Congratulations Kaylee. I would love to read your winning essay. You should get your Mom to post it on her blog.