background

Monday, April 6, 2009

Patricia The Stripper

At the ladies retreat I roomed with my best friends, my in-laws and a girl from the Praise Team, Tammie.

Just before getting into the shower on Saturday night I asked Tricia, whose real name is Patricia, if she had ever heard the song Patricia the Stripper. She said no. At which point I broke out into song and dance complete with twirling my panties in the air (because I was holding my change of clothes for after my shower) and treated my friends to a horrible rendition of the song!

I then went into the bathroom, got naked and then realized I didn't have shampoo or conditioner with me. I came out to get some (with a very small cabin towel wrapped around me).

As I walked out, a new roomate that we had acquired earlier in the day, asked if she could use the restroom. So, I'm now locked out of the bathroom in my skimpy towel.

After I had gone in the bathroom, my SIL, Melissa, decided to find the song on her Blackberry and play it for everyone.

I'm now standing naked, in skimpy towel with a stripping song playing.

And of course, now our Praise Team friend has other members of the Praise Team come to visit and all the girls run over to let them hear the song. Then proceed to tell them that I've been singing and dancing for them.

And they look over to see me still naked, in skimpy towel and can only imagine what's been happening in our cabin!

Could this sequence of events gone any more wrong?!

Oh, what people must think of me!

Ok...so more about the song.

My mom and I used to dance to this song when I was a little girl. I did not have your normal let's sing ABCs mom. I love story telling songs and Chris De Burgh is a wonderful storyteller. The song can be found on his Spanish Trains cassette (do they even make it in CD??).

However, I found a hilarious video to go with the song on youtube. Here is the link. You may not want to play it for your kids....but possibly for your husbands.....hahaha!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_U5eYODDAk

Enjoy!

No comments: