background

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Long Distance Baby Shower

My beautiful niece, Melanie, is pregnant with her first child, a little girl. These are the seasons in life when I find it hardest to be away from home. I want to be there to rub her big belly and lavish her with love and support during this exciting time in her life.

My sister threw a baby shower for her on Sunday. And I got to be there! Well, sort of.

My mom discovered Dell Video Chat and now all of us girls and my mom get to see each other while chatting regularly. My brilliant sister Jennifer decided she was going to set up the video chat during the baby shower and I got to be there for the opening of the presents and even chat with a few of the guests. How awesome is that?! I am so thrilled that I got to be a part of Melanie's special day! I have the most awesome family ever!

1 comment:

Nanny said...

What a great story Krista. We loved having you there with us.
xx