background

Monday, April 13, 2009

Hippity Hoppity Happy Easter!

I have never been so excited about Easter as I was this year. I looked forward to the Easter morning gifts, was soooo excited about going to church at our new church home and couldn't wait to stuff my face all afternoon long. All of this because my Savior died and rose again for me and my sins....thank you Jesus! Or as my sister says...Go God!

Here are the kids coming down the stairs. I decided to leave the gifts on the kitchen table this year so I wouldn't have to wait until all of the kids were asleep to put them out. Also, it gave me more control over when the kids got their gifts...last year James had ALL of his chocolate gone before he woke me up!


Jagger is always so happy to receive a gift! He was thrilled with his baseball bat and balls.
James and his loot...his spring toy was the dinosaur frisbee at the bottom.
Kaylee was thrilled because she got what she wanted...the ankle skipper.
Are you joking?? I can really have this chocolate now? Before my breakfast? (Funny thing...James was disappointed today, Monday, when I wouldn't let him have more chocolate before breakfast. He just thought this would be our new thing. Goofball!)
Right after our gifts we actually got a picture of our very own easter bunny in our backyard. Very nice of him to hop on by!

We have been struggling finding a church home. I won't bore you with the whole story right now though. In short, we have decided that we need to go back to Northern Hills because we know God called us there and we felt like we walked away from that calling because of our own fears. So, yesterday morning we made our first trip back there and I wanted to scream I AM HOME!! It was phenomenal. I cried for the first 15 minutes because I knew I was right where God wanted me to be. It was an awesome experience. We take the membership class on May 13th and then we will officially have a church home! Praise God!

Once we got home it was time to cook cook cook for our Easter dinner. It was the first holiday dinner that we've had without family or friends with us in a long time. It was such a lovely laid back afternoon.

Those of you that know me well know that I love to eat! This is my plate. That is ham, green bean casserole, gulliver's corn, candied yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberries and pineapple that was cooked with the ham. Ohhhh so goooood! Then I had apple pie AND cheesecake for dessert. Delicious!

I bought each of the children some spring jammies for Easter. As luck would have it, I found them all monkey jammies. Here they are making monkey faces before bed.

Jagger had a serious issue with his jammies. He hates the shirt because the monkey isn't centered. He kept pulling the shirt over. He actually screamed and cried for 45 minutes earlier in the day. He literally just put this shirt on for the pictures and then took it off to never be worn again. He loves the pants though. Children!! And to be so sad in a picture where James and Kaylee are smiling so nice!
James' monkey face.....

Kaylee monkeying around with daddy.

What a perfect weekend we had. With James' party, friends over to play and help build a deck on Saturday afternoon (pics and blog on that later) and then such a blessed day yesterday. My heart is so full!
Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

Christy said...

You are such a doll! So glad you have found a church home. That is so important! Glad to hear your day was great!

Jennifer Stone said...

Emily got the skipper thingy too! How funny! Great minds think alike.