background

Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's My Birthday!!!

Today is my birthday! I love my birthday. I love that it's in the middle of October and not close to any other holidays. I love that it's in the middle of fall because it's my favorite time of the year. And I love that it's all about me!! As soon as my kids wake up in the morning I remind them what day it is and as soon as they tell me Happy Birthday I start singing and dancing as if they remembered all by themselves. Then, of course, I remind them that the day is about me and they have to be perfect children all day! That usually lasts about thirty minutes if I'm lucky! haha

My one request for my birthday was to go to the mountains to see all the beautiful leaves change colors. Kaylee had an early release so we picked her up after school and headed out as a family..sans DSs. We had some coloring books in the car and good old fashioned family time. The kids did really well and we were at Estes Park in no time at all.


Since it was my birthday, the first order of business was to find us a snack! We went to a wonderful fudge/candy/ice cream parlor called Hayleys. The kids all had fancy ice cream cones while the phallic looking thing that I'm holding is a frozen chocolate dipped banana with nuts on it....holy wow!! Yummers! It is very hard to eat this thing while other people are watching though. I made sure that we found a spot in the very back of the shop for all of our eating pleasures!


We went walking through the shops after our snack. Through the back of a store we found an exit and then a little place with a stream running through it. The kids played on the rocks until mom's heart couldn't take the stress anymore because I was so scared they were going to fall in. Luckily, right across the street we found a playground and the kids did some serious playing.



The park led to a path that we decided to walk. The air was chilly and windy and the leaves were blowing like crazy. The kids loved gathering them up and throwing them in the air. This next series of pictures is me trying to time the throwing of leaves with the taking of pictures. Obviously, it took a while. And it never really turned out perfect.

Here is a picture that Kaylee took of me and my wonderful hubby!

The only other birthday request that I had was for Jimmy to make me Carne Guisada for dinner. Now if you haven't had this meal of my husband's then you have missed out on something huge!

James and Jimmy had gone shopping this morning and surprised me with a birthday cake after dinner.

Needless to say, it was a perfect birthday. I am so filled with food, family and love that I am sure I am about to burst open. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful birthday wishes, songs, duets, emails, phone calls and presents. I am not sure how I got to this perfect place in my life but I can promise you that I thank God everyday!

4 comments:

Life With the Hobans said...

Oh Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Krista

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day and you and your family are well.

Love
Rob Munro

Lesley At Sarita Farms said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie!!! Wish I could be there to give you a birthday hug!!! Love you!!!

Lesley

Carissa said...

Happy Birthday two days late. Today is my birthday. Two of my dearest friends also have birthdays on the 16th, it must be a popular day for cool people.