background

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Disney Autograph Books

My friend Candice just got back from a trip to Disneyland with her family and she showed me her awesome autograph book. It was beautiful!! I asked where she got it and she told me that her mom had made it. Well...I needed to spend a little time with her mom apparently!!

Her mom, Jo, awesomely sent me a list of materials that I needed, picked up what I couldn't find and then came over one morning to help me put them together. I had to do a bit of homework and then we met for 30 minutes another day and ta da! we had 3 beautiful autograph books for my kiddos.

Here is Jagger's...Cars, of course! (I let each child pick the paper designs for their books...and they all did a great job!)


And this is the paper that he picked for the inside covers. Notice the black inking along the edges? Jo did that with some chalk ink and it gave the books that perfect finish!

James is a big Mickey Mouse fan so this paper was a perfect James choice.

And here is his inside.

Kaylee was having nothing to do with "kiddie books" whatsoever! So, we compromised. Hannah Montana is a Disney character so we went with more of a rockstar theme. I absolutely love the glitter paper she picked out and really loved that she went so girly with all of the ribbons. And the stickers were actually from a Hannah Montana sticker pack.

The inside was Hannah Montana paper. This side has a whimsical heart and on the back inside cover is a whimsical guitar. Very cute.
I am so pleased with how the books turned out and so surprised at how easy they were to put together. If you try to make these yourself you can pretty much see what you need. The only thing you need to know is that the paper is glued on to chipboard to keep the book sturdy. Except Kaylee's because the glitter paper was thick enough to just glue the inside paper right to the back of it.

Thank you Jo for your creative expertise!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

These are FANTASTIC and they are going to LOVE DISNEY!!!