background

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trip to Canada

Okay, so I've seen people with donation buttons on their blog so that you can buy them a coffee, pay for their credit card bills or help them pay for college. So, here is my spin on it:

I want to go home to Canada. I want my whole family to go. I haven't seen my mom in over 2 years and it's been 3 years in March since my kids have seen my mom. Toooo long! And other than my mom, there are my 2 sisters and the 2 new babies that were added to their families in the last year. I want to go pinch those babies cute chubby cheeks! I want my kids to know their new cousin and second cousin.

When we moved to Denver we had no idea that plane tickets to go home were so much more expensive from here. Where I was paying $350 from Houston, it is closer to $600 from here. So, it would cost $3000 for our family to fly and rent a car for one week.

I'm starting this as kind of a joke really to see if I can do this. We are taking Financial Peace University and we are budgeting and saving like crazy. However, this $3000 trip is not even on the budget for the next year. So, let's see what happens. If we receive a couple hundred and no more then we would probably fly my mom in and wait to see the babies. If we made half of the money then maybe we could fly 3 people here. More than that but less than the $3000 then we could fly up without my husband. No matter how much is received, we will use it to go home!

So...I'm excited to see what happens here. Let's see how many people pass through this blog...how long does it take a girl with a big dream to raise what seems like an impossibly huge amount of money?? Thanks for stopping by and here's hoping we make it to my mom's for Spring Break...or maybe even Christmas Break if this surpasses what I'm expecting!!

The Donate Now button can be found on the side bar, top right.

2 comments:

Life With the Hobans said...

If I could help I would. I will pass along your blog. xoxoxo!

Catharooni said...

I think this is a great idea Krista!! xoxo