background

Monday, November 2, 2009

Brighton Blade 10-28-2009

I’ve always enjoyed football. I loved the Dallas Cowboys back when they had their dream team (Aikman, Smith and Irvin). I stayed with Dallas until Aikman retired and then I just kind of wandered in and out of the games.

Then I moved to Denver last year. I just happened to arrive at the beginning of the football season and I caught on to the Bronco spirit. I loved, and still do, that when I showed up to church on a Sunday that the Broncos were playing, that at least half of the church showed up in their Sunday-best Bronco jersey. It’s awesome.

I became a complete Bronco fan. I faithfully watched them play every Sunday. I didn’t even mind Cutler too much. I did think he was kind of ugly though (for you guys that thought I was so cool for liking football, I’m still just a girl!). I even have a favorite player in Peyton Hillis.

Last weekend my husband surprised me with tickets to the Broncos vs. Patriots game for my upcoming birthday. I was so excited. It was my very first NFL game to see live.

We left for the game at 11:30. I asked why we had to leave so early and my husband just said that this is what you do when you go to a football game and that it’s fun to walk around. Having now done this I have to say that I still don’t understand it. It just meant that I had to freeze my hiney off for an extra two hours!

It was a fun weekend to go since they were celebrating 60 years of the NFL and 50 years of the Denver Broncos. The end zone was done up with old retro diamonds and the players were wearing old school brown and yellow uniforms. They even went all out and put the game on the screens in black and white.

Invesco Field is a pretty awesome place. I loved that it was all open (even though with the wind factor it felt like 20 degrees outside!). We had high seats, only 10 rows from the top. Other than the fact that we all know I’m terrified of heights by now and I was sure I was going to fall and end up in pieces on the field, it really was the perfect spot to watch the game. You get to see all of the players and plays perfectly from that height.

The game itself was incredible! Broncos won! And was there anything better than Josh McHottie’s celebration at the end of the game? Now if that’s not a reason to jump on the Broncos bandwagon then I’m not sure what is.

Here’s hoping the end of the season is as great as the beginning has been!

1 comment:

Catharooni said...

You are such a great writer Krista! If I was a football fan at all I'd jump in there with you but unfortunately I'm SO not :) Good job girl! xo