background

Monday, November 9, 2009

Stuff Christians Like

So, if you look at the side bar you can see the blogs that I like to follow. Way down at the bottom is "Stuff Christians Like". It's funny!

The author of the blog, Jon, felt led, by his 6 year old daughter and God, to raise money to build a Kindergarten building in Vietnam. He is working with Samaritan's Purse (I believe that is the name) and they are controlling the donations. They need to raise $30,000. He states that his family is all in and are terrified because they want to do this before December 31st and that amount feels like a million to them. So, Jon posts it on his blog to get others to help donate.

He posted this on this morning. I checked at 11:30 am and they were at $17,000!! I just checked again at 3:30 and they are at $22,000!! IN ONE DAY!!

I just am amazed and humbled by my God. When He puts something on someone's heart...He definately puts the means on their path!!

Go to the blog, read it today, and let it encourage and bless you and remind you that we serve AN AWESOME GOD!!

No comments: