background

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Double Digits

My beautiful little girl turned 10 on Sunday. I know it's a cliche, but where, oh where, has the time gone?? One minute she was this loud colicky love of my life baby and now she is this young girl with thoughts and ideas and such a crazy fun spirit. Too fast...

Here's a journey through the big day:

Kaylee always talks about wanting $100 so Jimmy and I thought it would be fun to give her a $100 bill for her birthday. She was very excited (the boots in the pics were her present from her Mamaw and Papaw).

Here she is "thinking" about where and how she can blow the money the fastest!
Jagger remembered that it was Kaylee's birthday as soon as he woke up in the morning. All day long he kept singing to her and giving her big hugs. She was actually very tolerant about the whole thing....must be growing up!!

She decided she wanted to go shopping at Justice and get some new clothes and other fun stuff. She also had some money from her Nanny and Papa and a coupon for Justice (wonder where she gets that from??). She found the cutest little Snuggie. Here she is testing out the "snugginess" of it (sorry about the quality of the pic).

And the birthday cake...

Do you see that smile on my face? Do you?? That is pure excitement about the fact that I made my first birthday cake in Colorado that didn't explode!! Apparently the trick is to add 2 extra TBSP of flour and bake 25 degrees hotter. Sooo happy!! (I would also like to point out how skinny I look in this picture...great camera!! HA!)

Kaylee made a wish on each of her 10 candles.

Well, it was a nice day. Kaylee is still wild and moody and has her moments that drive me wild. But she is also funny as heck, creative and has a beautiful giving heart. God blessed us so much when he placed Kaylee in our care. I pray that she grows up to be all that God has planned for her and that she has an impact on the world for God that surpasses all of our expectations.
On a funny note, Kaylee went to her well-child visit today. She has been trying to get to a certain weight for 2 years and has not gotten any closer than within 4 pounds. Today...she hit it. She weighed 60.0 pounds on the dot! The excitement and happiness that came out of that girl was hysterical. I'm happy she made it to her goal.
My 60 pound 10 year old...could the world be any brighter??!!





No comments: