background

Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of School

I made it!! 3 months with my kids and no breaks...and they are all still alive!! Yay me!

The kids were very excited this morning. Kaylee didn't fall asleep until 10:45pm because she was so anxious last night. Everyone got up at 7am though and couldn't wait to get their day started.

Here are some pics that I took at home before we left. Jagger doesn't start pre-school until noon today but he wanted to be in the pictures with his big brother and big sister!

Aren't they adorable?!!

James is very proud of his Super Mario lunch kit....look at him showcasing it!

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!
James did great when we got to school His kindergarten teacher moved up to 1st grade and we were lucky enough to get her again this year. He's even in the same classroom. The only change for him is going from half days to full days. He was super excited when I dropped him off at the playground and went right to business playing with his friends.
Kaylee was in a portable last year and I had the liberty of being able to walk her in and out of her classroom whenever I wanted. This is her first year in the school building. We had to find out what door to go in and then find out where the line is when the bell rings. It was easy enough and her teacher was outside on playground duty so we even got to chat a bit before school. Once Kaylee got in line she told me bye. I was soooo sad that she was ready for me to go. I hugged her and loved on her and thoroughly embarrassed her...then I left.
Jagger and I went grocery shopping after dropping them off and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed shopping with only one child!! Crazy fun for me!
Right now I'm enjoying the quiet sound of Jagger eating some yogurt. Oh I love the sounds of a single child!!! hahhaha I love it but I'm anxious to hear how my big kids' day is going!!

2 comments:

clinton-family said...

awww....so fun! Not looking forward to those days for us just yet, even though sometimes it would be nice to send him off to "somewhere"....haha but I love this time withi him! Give the kids a big first day of school hug from us and they looked soooooo cute! Kinda weird they start on a Thursday there.

Nanny said...

Tooooo sweet for words : )happiness