background

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Suck it up Krista!

These were the words written on my facebook status by my mother after I claimed to have cried the whole drive up Mount Evans.

This is why I cried...

This is 12,840 ft up the mountain...and it looks like we're about to drive right off the mountain and into the clouds. IT'S A SUICIDE MISSION!!


This is the side of the road. No shoulder. Signs that tell you that there are narrow lanes. You either stay very straight or plunge to your certain death!

I'M ALIVE!! SOOOO ALIVE!! YAYYYY!!!
We did NOT make it to the top of the mountain which would have been another 2000 ft up. I really did sob like a baby the whole way up....and down. I had to hold on to the seat for dear life. My extremities started to get tingly as I was about to pass out. It was awful!

We stopped at Summit Lake though which was beautiful. We had no idea we were there. I just needed a break from the stress and there was a little spot to pull over in. I had scared myself so bad that I almost peed my pants so I ran up this hill and walked through a pasture then yanked down my drawers and had to pee in the field. With passing cars able to see me and hikers on their way in. I'm telling you, I was hysterical...it was an out of body experience at this point! Anyways, after my pee we kept walking and walked right into Summit Lake.

Summit Lake was beautiful. We got to see a marmot and some mountain sheep. We did a small like and enjoyed the views...and the solid ground!




And the perfect family shot...

I would love to get my mother back for her comment by driving her up this stupid mountain...however, the only way I will make it back up is hog-tied, duck-taped and thrown into a trunk!

3 comments:

Catharooni said...

Too funny Krista...I don't know why you did that to yourself! Nice pics xo

Kathy said...

I know how you feel. When we went to Yellowstone, Mike chose to go over the Big Horn Mountain range. I cried going up. Stopped and got wine cooler. Drank them all and still cried going down the other side. (He like to look around while he is driving!)

I'm glad you made it!

Christy said...

I'm never void of laughter when I read your posts. You are hilarious! I can feel your pain on this trek though. There are some crazy roads in those mountains!

I gave you a blogger award! Check out my site for the details!

Blessings,
Christy