background

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Moving Day!!

You know what, I have so much to say about so many things, that I'm not going to write the whole story about moving. Karen wrote about it on her blog at onetexasmama.blogspot.com if you want to check it out there...very funny! However, I will say it was soooooo much fun! Not the work, the work sucked! But the friends, the laughter..oh my goodness, the laughter! and the great fellowship (even the arguing with Hilde!) were all incredible! It made me especially sad to realize what I was going to be leaving.

One story you won't find on Karen's blog is my breakdown moment. Jen and I had started to clean out the garage. We got to the little cubby and she asked me if I wanted the two potty chairs. I told her that this was really hard and no, I guess I don't need the potty chairs. Then I started to cry...I mean boo hoo sob. Jen was so sweet and hugged me and said just remember, you can keep the memories even if you throw away the potties. I started to sob again and told her that I would miss these girls so much...then she was like oh..sooo, this isn't really about the potties right?! hahaha Poor girl thought I was sobbing over potties! Pretty funny.

Thank you so much to all of you that came, you really helped with the moving but mostly you helped make my last weekend home special!

The first set of pics is the arguing with Hilde. My favorite is the chairs. I think I had had enough of Hilde and pretty much told her where she could go and so she decided to just leave the chair there and stop helping. I laughed sooooo hard! And check out her facial expression...classic! And the one of us going out the door arguing..check out Brian laughing at us in the background.










Jen, thanks a million for taking the pictures. I am so happy to have all these memories! And I love you so much more than a potty chair!





Karen, Brian and Joseph...you guys are amazing!! Thanks so much to the Bravos...they even had the kids helping!! Kent, you are always there when my family calls...we can't wait until you come to Colorado in October!!










The kids were so great too. Sometimes helping, sometimes playing, sometimes taking breaks to check the mail. Hallie Mae had to take a nap because she was so tuckered out!






Thanks again to everyone! I miss you all already!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I miss you too! I can't believe we're going to start MOPS next week without you! Y'all are going to love CO. We have friends in Greenwood Village and try to visit at least once a year, so we'll have to make a stop by your place too. Hope school is going well. Carleigh started 1st grade at Stephen F. Austin. She's in Mrs. Lanelle Brown's class and seems to love it. I think she loves riding the bus more than anything though. ;) She's about to go crazy with excitememnt that I'm going to let her buy her lunch tomorrow. So many new experiences! Can't wait to hear how it's going for y'all. Talk to you later.
Christy

Anonymous said...

It is really weird not having you all down the street. It really hit me on Tuesday when I had to take Spencer to the bus stop (which, BTW, is all the way down on the main road). I really enjoyed the mornings of getting to visit with you and the kids as we waited on the bus. It is also really weird to go to Day School and not see one of the Clinton boys! We miss you...give all the kids hugs from us!!!