background

Friday, August 8, 2008

Bunco Babes

I went to my final Texas bunco last night. It was sooo great. Lesley had even bought a cookie cake in my honor. So sweet...the cookie and Lesley!! I think it was one of the best buncos ever...not only because I left with all finger nails in tact, no black eyes, no bruises and I never even went over or under any tables! I did however bunco three times and one of those times I had to grab for my dice and someone (Kathy) put her hand over mine (Oh my Gosh..did I beat Kathy to the dice??!!!!) and so I jumped up and "HiiiYaaa" 'd my hands out of hers (stealing my unknown karate move from my son Jagger!).

We laughed soooo hard! I will miss having girls like you in my life. I promise, each one of you is on my Krista's List of Favorite Things! The highlight of the night had to be Wendy's blond joke though which I had to keep repeating so that everyone got a chance to hear. If you are offended by crude jokes..skip to the next paragraph now. So, there is blond and she has a bruise around her belly button. She has a blond boyfriend. HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! Okay but seriously, even funnier, there were two blonds that didn't get it (Lesley and her mom...obviously the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree here!). I explained it to Lesley. I was not about to explain that to her mom! It still makes me laugh though.
The next best part of the night was that we took pictures at the end. On a serious note...I will treasure these pictures. And each of you. You have all meant something so very big and special in my life. At one point when I was laughing last night I almost started to cry realizing what I will be missing. How long will it be before I make such close friends in Colorado that I will be able to laugh until it hurts again?? I know the power of friendships and you have all made me very proud to be able to share part of your lives with you. I will miss you terribly!

1 comment:

Karen H TX said...

The night was great and you'll be missed, diving over, under and around tables to get the dice. I'm sure the black eyes, and bruises won't be missed, but the adventure will be. Also there was one more blonde that didn't get the joke, that was Cindy! I explained to her. What a Riot!! We're you at our table when Lesley's mom asked if we were now on 7's?? That made me laugh. That seemed to be the funniest bunco ever!!!!