background

Thursday, August 14, 2008

7 Things I Hate About....

Taking from Miley's idea (7 Things I Hate About You), I thought I would make my own list. 7 things I hate about being a single mom (even if just temporarily), moving and being being broke (because of the move!). This list is in no particular order because their importance changes depending on the day, the time of day, my mood, whatever..

1. I'm depressed! There are boxes everywhere, I have no kitchen table, my house is utter chaos and I'm feeling very unorganized. I'm telling you people...if you have mental issues, try organizing your house, I bet it will help!

2. No TV. Okay, so I thought since we are going through money quickly that I would try to save some and cut off the cable at least. It's been 2 weeks and 5 days. Jimmy joked that we should put James on suicide watch since he's the big tv fan in the house...forget James, it's me having problems! Not because I watch it, but because I put my kids in front of it. I'm all for doing creative, fun, family things with my kids but people...I need a break! I have to pack!

3. Ummm...how to put this in PC terms?? Let's just say, I'm married but not getting to use the marital bed and I'm a single mom but not getting to have any one night stands (this was nicely put by Tricia Campbell who experienced a similar issue). Even though my bed is filled with any number of little hands and feet every night...they aren't Jimmy's!

4. I'm broke. Money is just flying out left and right. It's the little things I miss. Like even going to Chick fil A so that we can have lunch and I can let the kids play on the playground for an hour. (Recurring theme here...I can't seem to get my kids away from me!!)

5. Man work. I have a husband for a reason you know...and that's other than #3. I don't mind mowing but I hate weed eating, edging and sweeping. I had to figure out the chemicals for the pool and then vacuum it out (which took me two days!) I have to bring the garbage cans back into the garage after the trash comes. I hate these jobs!! I'm all for feminism but only when it is in my favor!

6. Adult time. I miss hanging out with my husband in the time between putting the kids to bed and when I go to bed. I love my kids but it seems to be all kids all the time when you're a single mom. I know I'm doing a lot of joking here but really, being a single mom is ten times more work!

7. Okay, I don't really have a number seven. And even I'm getting tired of complaining. I know it's only for a short time and I can't wait to have this all over with and be in Colorado with my husband. We've had a couple of glitches but I know they will come to pass. I am reading Jeremiah right now and I read chapter 29, verse 11 last night. God told me that He has a plan to prosper me, not to harm me, but to give me hope. Even in the midst of this short yucky time, I know that my God is holding me and giving me the strength to make it to the end of this journey.

Keep praying for us!!

7 comments:

wendy b said...

hang in there girl! I have had the worst case ever of strep throat and I also have a bunch of kids. I got a steriod shot and then became very mean. At times like these I 'm telling God- I'm not joking around here God I don't need this extra stress right now. I think he just laughs at me.

I'm praying for you
Wendy

Karen H TX said...

Oh Krista, If you would like a kid break, start to parcel them out. I will take James. No, I'm serious, stop laughing!!! He and I get along great, even for just a couple hours. Let me know. Love ya girl, you're hilarious.

Lesley At Sarita Farms said...

Can I just say again that I am going to miss you so much????? Thank God though for blogs so I can keep up with your life and funny stories!!

Lesley At Sarita Farms said...

ONE MORE THING>>>

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tricia in Texas said...

I actually said with out the benefit of dating. I don't want to look like a tramp. HAHA!

Tricia in Texas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carissa said...

Krista,

Yeah that you're here. Pennock is a good school. Do you need any help with unpacking and finding your way around? I can recommend a great pediatrician and pediatric dentist for your kids. Here's my e-mail: carissa258@comcast.net